Monday 14 April 2014

Zoeva brushes review.

I wanted for the longest time to try the Zoeva brushes and when they launched their new line, I decided to try a couple.



I chose the: 
  • 102 Silk Finish (10,50€)
  • 109 Face Paint (12,50€)
  • 224 Luxe Defined Crease (6,20€)
Shipping costs: 7,50€

First of all, I love them all. They're very soft, work beautifully and wash easily. 

Here are my thoughts on them:

102 Silk Finish: it is quite similar to another brush that I love, the Sephora Mineral Powder brush (that costs about 16€ if I'm not mistaken). It blends everything perfectly, liquid foundation, mineral foundation, blush, bronzer, creams and powders, you name it. It is beyond comparison to the Sigma F82 Round Kabuki that I also own because the Sigma one is too dense and moves the product around.

Here they are:




109 Face Paint: I 'be been looking for a contouring brush for quite some time but the available options (Mac, Illamasqua, Nars) are quite expensive. So, when Zoeva launced this one i decided to give it a try and i'm so happy i did! It has the perfect size, not too big not too small, and i can achieve a sharp contour if i desire so or a more diffused and natural result, for everyday use. It works perfectly with cream and powder products. I have also used it with highlight, blush, even foundation, works like a dream every time. It also washes easily and it doesn't get stained.

224 Luxe Defined Crease: i'm a Mac 217 fanatic (who isn't?) but i find that on my eyes it blends the crease color a little too widely, it reaches quite high and when i want to be more precise it can be a pain in the derrière. Well, this little brush is perfect for this purpose, it allows me to be as precise as I wish. It blends beautifully and it is probably my favorite of the bunch (although they are all my favorites, lol).

Here it is side by side to my Mac 217


I also would like to give Zoeva a great thumbs up for the packaging, because each brush came in its black zip lock plastic pouch and they come very handy if you're a bit OCD like me, I use them to organize all sorts of little things! 



I also got the trifold mirror (8,20€), it is very practical because it stands up on the table but I can also tuck it away when I don't need it.

Next on my wish list:
  • 105 Luxe Highlight
  • 106 Powder
  • 142 Concealer Buffer
  • 235 Contour Shader
Have you tried Zoeva brushes? Any recommendations?

That's it for now,  I hope you are all well and thriving! 

5 comments:

  1. Το Face Paint το γλυκοκοιτάζω, δεν έχω κάποιο παρόμοιο

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ειναι πολυ πρακτικό, το χρησιμοποιώ με το taupe της nyx για πιο αυστηρό contour αλλα και με οτιδήποτε άλλο το εχω δοκιμάσει ειναι πολυ καλό! Και καθαρίζει πολυ εύκολα (απλά δεν είχα υπομονή να τα πλύνω και να περιμένουν να στεγνωσουν! :D )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok sold! I'm definitely curious to try the 109, as well as the MAC 217 dupe, that everyone raves about! Great post my dear enabler, haha! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They definitely worth a try, check out also the #100, isn't a "dupe" to the chanel angled powder blush? My zoeva wishlist keeps growing...

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...